It does not matter whether you are camping or hiking because you will definitely want to have a nice and delicious meal after a long day of walking. You probably think that it is not possible to pack all of the necessary ingredients but that is not true! After you have spent hours and hours in the wilderness and your feet cannot take any more walking – you will need a proper stove to cook your meals on.
In this article we are going to check out some of the best camp stove recipes that you will enjoy. So if you are interested in some fast but good meals, stay tuned!
Our Best Recipes
Campfire Chicken and Vegetable Stew
This amazing meal takes around an hour, and all you have to do is mix the ingredients together and heat them up on your stove. Easy, right?
- First add and heat oil in your camp stove. You can add garlic and make sure to stir for at least 10 minutes until you see that they have turned golden. However, you have to make sure that the pot is not too hot otherwise the food will get burned.
- Add the pumpkin and carrot and proceed to cook for at least 5 minutes. Of course, do not forget to stir now and then. After that add the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes until the chicken gets the brown color. Add the white wine of your choice and boil it for 1 minute.
- Now add 400 ml of water, potato, salt and ground black pepper. Cover the pot and boil it and after that cook for 30 minutes. The potatoes need to be very tender while the chicken need to be cooked properly. Adjust the seasoning according to your wish and serve the meal in bowls.
One-Pot Sweet Potato Pasta
Check out this delicious potato pasta meal that can be easily made on your stove. It would be wonderful to eat a yummy pasta meal after hours or days of tough hiking, right? This recipe is very easy and it will take you around 40 minutes. You can buy the frozen vegetables and seasoning that takes no space whatsoever.
- First add and heat the oil in your camp stove.
- Now add the celery, carrot, onion and garlic and make sure to stir all of the ingredients while you cook them together. The onion needs to be translucent and very soft in order to be proclaimed cooked thoroughly.
- After that add the water, sweet potatoes and tomatoes to the pot and cook everything until it is soft, which means about 30 minutes at least. You can stir from time to time and do other smaller tasks in the between.
- Now add the past of your choice and cook it for 10 minutes until it is tender.
- Choose the seasoning of your taste, remove the pot from the heat and serve the meal in bowls.
One Pan English Breakfast
Make sure to try out this amazing and easy camping recipe. It is a great and popular meal to start your day with, especially in the wilderness. It does not take more than 20 minutes and it is very refreshing and yummy. You can add the sausages to the finished meal and it will be even better.
- Use a medium frying pan and heat the grill.
- Add the chipolatas and fry them for at least 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon and fry it until it is crisp. That would take around 5 minutes.
- Now add the mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes.
- Make sure that all of the ingredients are evenly spread out so you can fry them properly.
- Now it is time to season the eggs, which you will add to the pan. Do this on a low-medium heat for at least 2 minutes.
- Now take the cheese, chives or tomatoes (whichever you prefer) and scatter them all over the pan.
- Grill for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve this amazing meal.
Chicken Noodle Soup
You might think that this recipe is not very original or interesting, but it is easy to make and can please almost anyone!
You do not really need much and it will take you only 2 minutes. If you are very hungry and have no time to spare, not even 5 minutes, this recipe is perfect! It can be made during the short breaks and refresh all the campers.
- Take out a large pot and pour 4 liters of water into it.
- Add shredded barbeque chicken, two chopped onions, two cloves of crushed garlic, 1 kg of frozen vegetables and two sachet chicken noodle soups.
- Now bring these ingredients to the boil and simmer them for at least 2 minutes.
- Add the 1/2 cup of chopped parsley and stir it in until it is set.
- Turn off the heat and serve the meal in bowls.
One-Pot Chicken Pilaf
This is one of those meals that require a bit of a prep work at home, but you can enjoy it and have a quick meal when you stop for a break at the camp site. What makes this great is that all the work is already done and all you need to do is just pour the ingredients into the pot.
- At home, fry the garlic, onion and chicken together in a pan. You can also add rice or curry, stir them together and store them in a zip bag with icepacks.
- When you arrive at the camp site, make sure to take out these frozen ingredients to the pot.
- Then start boiling the chicken and lower the heat. You can go for boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut it into small pieces or chunks. Make sure that the pan is covered so you can cook for 5 minutes so the vegetables get all soft.
- Add the seasoning of your choice and turn off the heat.
- Serve the meal in bowls and enjoy.
Chickpea, Chorizo & Spinach Stew
This amazing meal will make you refreshed and fueled to continue the trip! After a long day of hiking and camping, all you will need to do is taste this yummy food that consists of smoked paprika and chickpeas. It is affordable, tasty and easy to make!
- Add and heat the oil in a big pan, then add the onion and fry it gently for 3 minutes. When it softens, it is ready.
- Add the celery, bay leaves, carrot and thyme to the mixture. Add the seasoning and cook for another 3 minutes. Make sure to stir regularly.
- Now add the chorizo, smoked paprika, garlic and cinnamon. Fry all of them together until they are soft and tender. The chorizo needs to gets crisp and let out its oils.
- Now you need to add and stir in the chickpeas, water and vinegar. They need to simmer for 2 minutes until they are all warm.
- Add the spinach and continue stirring.
- Turn off the heat and season according to your taste.
- The meal is ready to be served. Do not forget the crusty bread!
Dutch Oven Lasagna
Check out this interesting meal that will warm your belly. It might seem complicated but it is very easy! The beef and mozzarella give it strong and exotic taste so it will be very yummy after hours of long walking. Give it a try!
- First, set the coals in the Dutch oven in order to preheat it.
- Now take the ground beef into a large bowl and add the spaghetti sauce.
- Take another bowl and put the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, eggs, and any other seasoning or kind of cheese you would like.
- Now take four lasagna noodles and place them in the oven at the bottom. Take the ground beef and spread it over them. Then take half of the cheese mixture and spread it as well.
- Then take five noodles and place them above the first layer. Repeat the process of spreading the meat and cheese mixtures until everything is gone.
- The remaining noodles should be places on the top.
- Now pour the hot water around the edges in the oven.
- Cover the stove and bake for one hour. Make sure to check the oven regularly.
- When finished, turn off the heat and serve the meal.
Cheesy Asparagus One Pot Orzo
If you are a fan of asparagus and would love to try a healthy meal during the camping, then try out this recipe. Many people think that campers only dine canned food, but this recipe shows that is not always true. You can cook a nice meal as long as you have a good stove.
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting off the tough ends and getting rid of them. Then chop the asparagus into tiny pieces.
- Now prepare the pot and put the spices, oil, orzo, water and prepared asparagus into it.
- Make sure to bring the pot to a low boil, which would take around 4 minutes, and after that cook for 5 minutes more.
- After that reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, cheese, pine nuts and other spices you might like.
- When you see that the cheese has melted, you can stop stirring.
- Turn off the heat, add seasoning and serve the meal.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
This recipe is fantastic because all you need to do is mix the ingredients together. That makes it an easy and fast meal that all the campers would appreciate. Additionally, it does not take more than 10 minutes so give it a try!
- Take the cans of chicken breasts, black beans and corn, open them and drain them of any liquids.
- Add them to the pot and add seasoning of your choice. Put them on medium heat and do not forget to stir them otherwise the ingredients would burn.
- Now take the tortilla chips, crumb them and put them into bowls. After the soup is finished, just place it over the chips. You can scatter the top with sour cream. However, if you are backcountry camping, then just go for canned corn because it will be easier.
- Enjoy the meal.
Creamy Sundried Tomato Pasta and Veggies
This recipe is amazing for those campers who need and crave fresh vegetables. This meal is easy to prepare so stay tuned and read on.
- Take a pot and fill the half of it with water. Boil it and add one box of bowtie pasta into it. After the pasta is cooked make sure that it is drained properly.
- Now add the vegetables you like, chicken, dried tomatoes, tofu and seasonings. Simmer them all together on medium heat until they are properly cooked.
- You can now add the salt, pepper, sour cream and stir them.
- After the meal is cooked you can shred cheese on top of it and serve it in bowls.
For more backpacking food tips, check out our must-read article for insight.
To sum up, we have covered 10 really easy and delicious camp stove recipes. Depending on your eating preferences you will be able to pick at least one according to your taste. Some of them include fresh vegetables or even more exotic ingredients such as pasta, cheese, tortilla.
Usually, when people think of camp meals they imagine only canned food or easily eaten snacks, but the truth is that you can cook delicious and healthy meals as well. If you are not going backpacking for miles and days, it might be good to bring frozen food instead of canned which is lighter.
Therefore do not hesitate to bring ingredients that you love and need. As seen from the recipes above, you can always try out a classic recipe and add your own ingredients to make it even tastier! See our review of the best backpacking food you can take a long – definitely worth reading!
So what do you think of our delicious camp recipes? Do you have a secret camp recipe that you would care to share with us? Let us know in the comments!